View Single Post
Old 2004-10-30, 03:13   Link #197
arias

Like many of the earlier posts said; Sara's faith and hope guided Shin to become a "Birdhuman" to fly (despite the wrecked engine, boosters etc); to wherever it may be. One thinks, and hopes, that it is a search and eventual reunion with Sara. Watching it again, it really probably is the case.. since you see his plane flying vertically up into space.

I for one thought that Macross Zero was very promising from chapter 1-4.. of course the story was abit flimsy; the characters were not really well developed, but there were parts that were truly beautiful and artistic. And I don't mean only the awesome battle scenes; anyone remember the Maya Island? The waters and everything.. it was awesome. There was alot of attention paid to detail in the animation for the first few chapters; lighting, sound, the peace of the islands.. all very beautiful.

Chapter 5 had pretty good animation when compared to other OVAs, but it was a letdown compared to it's earlier episodes. I was expecting something truly spectacular. However, the battle scenes are rendered so beautifully they might just match up to Ghost in the Shell 2.

The story sucked. Chapter 5 just got on my nerves.. could you believe that I actually skipped through most of it because it was too formulaic? The pace, presentation, structure, and character interaction was just too weak. I was THOROUGHLY shocked that I waited 6 months for such an episode. I was expecting a blast, but I just shook my head in disappointment.

Honestly it had so much potential.. not to forget, one of the MOST beautiful songs I've EVER heard in my life. The ending song played for Chapter 01 and Chapter 05.. the one sung in French. It promises such an epic tale but instead what we get is a hashed plot. I've heard that this is the most expensive OVA ever created; costing around US$10 million or more.. I wish they could've put more money on the script; and that the director, no offence to Shoji Kawamori, could have been more skilled.

Ahh.. T__T. It's just sad.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote