View Single Post
Old 2010-06-28, 06:35   Link #11918
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
Now, I could be completely making this up but I've heard that sometimes dinners in Europe last longer than say an American dinner. So maybe an hour and a half can be stretched out further if the Ushiromiya's eat in such a manner. But is it really possible to extend a dinner to two and a half hours?
I honestly doubt it. I'm nowhere as refined as these people, probably, but I find it doubtful you can make Maria sit still for that long without a TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
Maybe not under the rain but perhaps they try to avoid the run or fetch umbrellas.
According to the text, umbrellas are available close by in both the guesthouse and the mansion, (and living on an island like that, I would expect both would be overstocked in umbrellas after someone gets sufficiently annoyed at noticing that all the umbrellas are in one of the two places). So they definitely can't delay them.

Also... it takes me 7 minutes to walk 500m - I know that exactly, because that pathway was once a runner's track and was marked up with distances. Assuming they walk two times slower than me, it would be 15 minutes. It's 2km to Kuwadorian on the other side of the island. Is the mansion really so far from the guesthouse that a slow walk is longer than 20 minutes?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
Also, cooking for 18 people takes quite a while.
Granted, it does, but that's all the more reason to start well in advance.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote