View Single Post
Old 2009-07-14, 21:21   Link #2443
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
I agree and hope that meta-Battler will get a resolution of his own. I don't think he's yet realized that he may not be able to go home himself though. That might become a major plotpoint in the future chapters as another arrow in Beatrice's arsenal. After all he does say something like this in the fourth game:
"You know, I don't have anymore time to be playing around in a place like this.
...Even a tie will keep Ange waiting ...So, I'll break through you, ...take my family, ...and go back home!!"

I agree he will eventually accept that he's fighting for other Battlers and other Ushiromiyas, perhaps an infinite amount of Battlers since the game could take an eternity. As far as the meta-world is concerned, it seems like each game is more like an alternate universe of its own, instead of repeating time over and over in the same one.

From how I see it, whatever happens in future games, there are already 4 worlds where the Ushiromiya family met a tragic end. The way Bern and Lambdadelta speak of the Kakeras reminds me of the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics in a way. Afterall, the game that resulted in Ange's future was real enough (as far as the fantasy side is concerned at least) for her to live her life after the incident, and eventually enter the meta-realm to help meta-Battler.
Personally, going an anti-fantasy route, I think Meta-Battler is more of a subconscious entity, like the back of Battler's head that keeps telling him to deny that a witch can ever do something. Beatrice, Lambda, Bern, Virgilia, Ange and all the other demons and witches might be as well - Beatrice looking the same way she does in the portrait could be how Battler interprets her to look like. And he does mention (as a shameless plug) that Higurashi is his favorite game during EP 1, so Bern and Lambda being expies of Rika and Takano aren't too far fetched.

That's just me though :P
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote