View Single Post
Old 2008-09-04, 23:05   Link #209
aneeshadc

@ Seifall

I've always thought people putting weight on the suprise comment to be ridiculous. It's a love triangle, the ending was bound to be a surprise anyway since both ships think they have it in the bag, not to mention alto's VA had no choice but to be diplomatic & state its gonna be a surprise since he cant very well give away the ending!

As for why they made alto find out abt her dying before he confesses to her, Isnt it obvious ? Its to keep us doubting & guessing! Otherwise it would've been a sure win for sheryl/alto, not that I think its any different now if they plan on keeping the show consistant.

Yes, there is a nagging feeling that alto/ranka ending might happen but that's all it is, a feeling with no strong basis because the story so far doesnt strongly support it. Also, it just means kawamori has achieved his evil goal of wanting to keep his viewers hanging.

I admit I initially disliked the thought of alto finding out abt her dying before the big confession but I still loved how they portrayed the scene. What I loved abt it was that the scene did not reek of pity at all, it was all raw emotion from both, especially alto.

In that moment I felt like he was only thinking of her & all the pain she'd been through pretending to be strong for the sake of others, for his sake. It wasnt the right time for a confession because he was concentrating on her pain. That is why, the first thing he asks her to do is to stop already, stop pretending, stop putting yourself through so much pain. You dont have to force youself to smile anymore, you dont have to sing anymore if it hurts you to do so. ( I actually find it vey ironic, that these are the very words he should have told ranka, if he had been in love with her, but he doesnt, not that it means anything, just an observation)

Sheryl protests strongly against not singing, because singing is her life, proof that she's lived, so he puts aside his own needs/feelings on the matter, hugs her & tells her that if it is her intent to keep on singing, then he will comply with her wishes until the last moment. You can see the brief moment of pain in his eyes before he hugs her. I dont know abt you but I saw this as an unspoken promise on his part to stay by her side forever & also of his love. He is letting her live her last moments the way she wants to. He is putting her above his own needs.

Like crisis said in her post( in the romance thread), he doesnt understand her heart just like he didnt understand ranka in ep 21, but the difference I found was that he put Sheryl's needs first & tries to comply to what he believes is her wish.

The important thing to note is that though the walls around their heart have crumbled , there are still unresolved feelings & misunderstandings b/w them as I dont think Sheryl knows alto loves her yet. ( Yes, as of now, I do believe its mutual) Which is the huge problem here, she seems resigned to her fate. And honestly, I'm not too sure that was a kiss at the end. As much as I want that, I'm going to need real confirmation that it was a kiss. Hopefully, the next ep delivers it.

Last edited by aneeshadc; 2008-09-04 at 23:34.