View Single Post
Old 2011-08-05, 14:40   Link #23623
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
EP7 has no Gamemaster? Lol whatever dude, it pretty clearly did regardless of what Bern said. Even if it didn't have a Gamemaster, that'd only be more reason to trust Clair's confession.
So, then who was the Gamemaster of EP7? I think we can trust Bern in that department. While she was a pretty conniving bitch most of the time, she never actually lied about anything. Twisting the truth, yes, but not actually lying.
And I wouldn't say I don't trust Clair's confession. I fully trust the fact that this was actually how Yasu experienced the events on Rokkenjima.

I found it especially interesting how the depiction of the witch Beatrice in the Tea Party was so absolutely different from how we experienced her in the games when Tôya imagined her.

Quote:
But she IS Beatrice. She's a martyr in that she's sullying what's most important to her in order to protect someone else. [...] It's the inner aspect of her that can give her a future.
(a) That would require Genius-Yasu, wouldn't it? Because it would imply that she knew about the fact that somebody was going to use her plan to kill everybody on the island. Unless that person was one of the cousins I'd think that it is highly improbable for her to know and the only 2 people among them, close enough to Ange to drive her suicidal after knowing they are murderers, would be Maria or Battler.
(b) That is not how I read her relation to Beatrice at all. While she started out as this role-model figure, she developed into something like a last escape pretty quickly. And in the way she depicted her in EP2 (and also the hints given in EP1) I'd say she's actually trying to get rid of Beatrice and is actually blaming that part of herself for wanting to do something like that.

Quote:
And that's not even touching the fact that she seems to make Shannon and Kanon the culprit in all her fucking Games, so that if you deconstruct Beatrice you still throw an arrow in her heart.
Actually I don't see her doing that at all. She is secretly confessing to those who know her (which is only Battler) that she did it, but she is blaming all of that on the witch because she doesn't want to be responsible for what she is about to do.
She actually antagonized Beatrice mostly through Shannon and Kanon, as to make clear that those two would do anything to fight against the witch...even though they might be too weak and give in in the end (->EP2 Kanon).
At least Shannon dies in a way that it seems impossible for her to be the culprit both times.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote