View Single Post
Old 2007-07-06, 19:50   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

I really don't want to double post, but I have some clarifications in reply to some questions I've already received...
When reading the following notes keep in mind that the rules for the extended part of the contest are more flexible, currently negotiable and thus subject to change. They will ONLY apply to the extension however, not the first part of the contest! You can ignore this post if you have no intention of participating in the extended contest. Also keep in mind that the extended contest will not be run if too few people are interested.
  • For the first part of the contest you must use the "day time" gradient provided, this is non negotiable. We require this, as we did with the previous contests, in order to maintain consistency of look during banner-cycling. This prevents the top bar from flashing different colours in an unsightly fashion.

• You need to enter the first part of the contest in order to enter the extended part, but the reverse is NOT true. You do you do NOT need to participate in the extended contest in order to win the first part and you do not need to win the first part in order to win the second.

• The winners of the extended contest will be voted on independently of the first part of the contest. There will be three winners for each part of the contest, making six in total. A grand prize will be awarded to the one winner in each section ($50 for the first, probably $100 for the second, for a total prize fund of $150). The same person CANNOT win the grand prize in both contest. In the unlikely event that they do, the first part prize will be awarded to the SECOND place winner.

• In the event of a tie, the staff will have the deciding vote. If that is tied, GHDpro will have the deciding vote. In the very unlikely event that he can't choose, the prize fund will be doubled and given to both.

• The banner-cycling problem does not appear if you are only changing banners every few hours, so for the extended part of the contest, only one of the backgrounds/gradients is mandated, that being the "day time" (as per the first part of the contest). My current thinking is that this will enable us to show the winning banners, from the first part of the contest, during that period of the day. Currently I'm going to say that you are free to devise your own backgrounds for the other periods, provided they are in keeping with the look and feel and don't cause a colour flashing problem. Note that this might be a lot of work though... and we may veto a gradient/background choice if we think it will not look right on the forum, so you would do well to get it approved before doing too much work on it.

• The banner(s) you enter in the first part of the contest can, but need not be, the same banner that you submit in the "day time" slot of the extension. Due to the amount of work required I'm currently thinking only ONE set can be submitted per person in the extended contest.

• The amount of time given to the extension is currently under consideration (I've not decided yet...)