View Single Post
Old 2007-08-04, 13:55   Link #396
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
OMG, but it's as convenient as possible, also taking safety measures into account. Having a self-conscious living being as a part of the weapon is not, unless it's the operator himself and his absence won't render the weapon generally non-functional.
But not convenient enough to be available to any tom, dick and harry.

As for the living being, every weapon has it's ups and downs, no weapon is without weakness. It's only a different weakness for different weapons.

Quote:
A valid one though.
If you want to believe so.

Quote:
Yeah, if the weapon is really like I imagine judging from the spoiler I see the reasons to ban it, but I'd rather get rid of its drawbacks if I had full understanding of the technology (though the Relic is involved and their research is also banned, lol; makes me wish Scaglietti success).
Sometimes, you can get rid of a part because it is the main point of that weapon.

If what sets this ship apart from the other WMD is that child, then removing that part would just make it no different than all the other weapons.

Quote:
BTW there should never be a single super-important component in a complex system on which its entire functionality relies.
Would you rather have two super important component to have to look after?