View Single Post
Old 2007-08-12, 08:08   Link #55
MyrdiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Now... Why would there be a nuclear war because Kira died? It's not like there were many countries blatantly supporting Kira in his quest. The only reason he had the States behind him was because the president feared for his life, if anything, he'd be happy that Kira died. I can't imagine any country with a religious government supporting Kira, since he disregards all and any religion, claiming to be the founder of his own. I highly doubt any country capable of producing nukes would be on his side, much less try to avenge his death.
Well, the main fact I ranted about (nuclear) war is because there is said on multiple occasions that Kira "stopped wars" and I found it strange that noone in the series really seemed to care about this. I had hoped for the series to take a more philosophical/political turn in judging Kira's way of working. Is it bad to kill people who might kill a 1000 other people? How do other large nations react to Kira? How is the world stability effected? The economy? ect ect.

It pissed me off that this Near boy (who couldn't stop playing with dolls for gods sake) just wanted to "prove he's the best detective evah!" and have wars start again as side-effect. It would've been kinda cool if Kira actually went on with making the "perfect world" and developed his character/system of judgement throughout latter seasons or something.