View Single Post
Old 2007-10-28, 21:59   Link #29
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Vulcans are practically useless, since those are basically anti-personnel and anti-vehicle weaopns, so using those against the MA's would be worthless. The heat rod doesn't have to be heated to be useful, given a resourceful pilot like Zechs is at the controls. I will admit that if he is going against both Koh and Gato at the same time, the Tallgeese III doesn't stand much of a chance, but one on one, there's a shot.
Actually, against other MS, vulcans are still effective, which is why even as far as (UC-wise) UC 0123-0153, vulcans are still commonplace among MS, despite the beam shield becoming standard equipment as well. As shown by Amuro in Char's Counterattack, vulcans actually have GAINED some strength with the movable frame and thinner armor used on MS with how easily Amuro shredded the heads and limbs off of Geara Dogas. Then there's the fact that vulcans can easily damage or destroy cameras placed on the body. That danger coupled with the added-up damage they could do if you LET them hit is why MS try to dodge them a lot.

Now Mobile Armors are a whole different story. Much thicker and stronger armor and many more cameras placed around.

Zechs may have a shot against the Dendrobium (given its limited maneuverability, limited ammunition, and all), but against the Neue Ziel, it's pretty doubtful...fast, maneuverable, half-control system, lots of weaponry, thick armor, I-Field...it's why it was so ahead of its time, even 4 years after its design and why it was able to outdo a modern design like the Dendrobium.

I've seen speculation about how its design would've possibly been effective all the way through UC 0123 if the pilot is also good enough with its overall performance. As far as I've seen, no other Mobile Armor has had such advanced designing in it, much less surpassing it except for the discontinued MAN-05 Gromlin and MAN-05-2 Gromlin II, the non-existent NZ-444 Beta Azieru and perhaps the XMA-01 Rafflesia and XMA-02 Ebirhu Doga with their Bugs as well.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote