View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 18:05   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
1)
2) This is not exactly true. One of my friends gave me a National Geographic issue from sometime in the 1970s (it's a yellow bordered book, I don't have it now), and he told me that Al Gore's presented statistics in An Inconvenient Truth has been presented in that book's 1970 edition, 30 years ago. Of course, I'm not criticizing or doubting Al Gore whatsoever, I mean I'm sure he did his research and work to get to where he is now. However, I've heard too much about how many scientists have proven that not all the facts presented by him are true. Just too many times to make a verdict and say that Al Gore presented 100% fact, and nothing less. Thus, although many scientists do share views with him, I really don't think that things are to such an extreme, although things are rotting pretty quick at the same time.
Well... I certainly won't deny the information is presented in alarmist fashion (is shouting "fire!" alarmist? ) but the IPCC report and its scientific community consensus should scare the crap out of anyone who understands how science works. At the very least, the concept of "pick up after yourself" shouldn't be so hard for certain factions of the human race to acknowledge

I took the test that Spectacular_Insanity provided a link to early in the thread.... apparently my "spectrum mixed" views put me in the Dem camp this time.... though I have to say whatever algorithm it uses seriously oversimplifies issue views. So I don't recommend anyone use it to determine who to vote for without further investigation to candidate proposals.