View Single Post
Old 2008-01-27, 22:46   Link #57
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmaster287 View Post
Oh and what does Garlock mean? I've heard it a bunch of times and I have no idea what it is.
Quote:
Garlock

The nickname for the future Simon seen in the prologue. Many Anonymous shat bricks when they first saw him, since he stood on the bridge of a moon sized battleship and was facing a galatic strike force so enormus they outshone all the stars in the sky. Many of his lines, like "They'll be a good match for us", "Gurren-Lagann! SPIN ON!" and "Who the hell do you think I am" (later attributed to Kamina) became popular with Anonymous. Garlock's imposing presence, not to mention his resemblance to Captain Harlock (the whole scene was a homage to the opening of Endless Orbit SSX) created a lot of anticipation among Anonymous to see Simon's metamorphosis unfold. The results were mixed - "Garlock" didn't appear in the series (see: Starlock) and his appearence in the prologue has been deliberately kept vague by Gainax. Nearly all Anonymous were disappointed and pissed off, although given Gurren-Lagann's epic end, the shitstorms were lessened somewhat. With the promise of more Gurren-Lagann, Anonymous awaits the "promised day" when Gainax animates the character in full glory.
source:http://lurkmore.com/wiki/index.php?t..._Gurren-Lagann

Lurkmore wiki definition of GAR

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote