View Single Post
Old 2008-02-09, 00:52   Link #42
Ohmstar
I Forgot I Liked Anime

Send a message via AIM to Ohmstar
Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon.....?

I've been a fan of Sailormoon for more years than I care to admit. I had a long period of buying the official Japanese DVDs (though they were mostly the musicals and the live action series; I only ever got SuperS and Stars of the anime series). My fandom also extended to purchasing the official American DVDs (both dub and sub). But I've always felt that these DVDs were.....subpar at best. The audio and video quality were both well below that of the Japanese DVDs, and the subs...well, they could stand to be a bit better.

All of the American licenses for Sailormoon have lapsed and the American DVDs are no longer officially available (you can still find them for outrageous prices on eBay and Amazon, though). So, I was wondering: are there any fansub groups out there willing to put out better fansubs out, since the license has expired?

I know it's fairly unlikely, since most people couldn't care less about this classic series (it seems). But I think this series could stand a new release from a group that actually cares about it, and wants to see it in its nicest form.

There have been some groups releasing Sailor Stars lately, and they've been great. But what about the rest of the series? Just once in my life, I'd like to see the complete series released with accurate subtitles and good video and audio from people who are actually FANS of the series, instead of people who are just doing it because it's their job.
Ohmstar is offline   Reply With Quote