View Single Post
Old 2008-03-17, 16:00   Link #1
Kristen
*Author

Twilight ~The Dawn of Memories~

Twilight
~The Dawn of Memories~

Genre: Romance/Harem
Rating: TBD (Contains no adult elements)
Platform: PC

Scenario: ChrissieXD
Artwork: Doomfest
Scripting: Divinewind
Music: Talyx
Programming: Doomfest

Present Status: 40%

Project Inception Date: 02/17/08
Estimated Release Date: Q4 2008

Twilight is a doujin game which will be created using ren'py. Note that this is an original work, not a fan translation. 100% of the content and story is currently being created from scratch, and we have made significant progress over the past month.

The Visual Novel will have a minimum of 18,000 lines of dialogue and narrative, and a maximum of 28,000 lines. It will provide about 15-30 hours of total gameplay, based on a scale of 10,000 lines = 10 hours of gameplay.

On Recruiting: We have numerous positions available and are accepting applications for all of them. These will help speed along the process greatly. To apply, either contract me via a PM, or contact me on IRC at moetaku@anisubs.net Query name is Kristen.

Open Positions:
Editor - The editor takes the scripted chapters and revises them so they sound more natural as dialogue. English natives only, as this story is written by an English native. And Editor would need to edit approximately 600 lines per week, which should take about 4-5 hours.

Scenario Writer - If you have an idea for a romantic storyline and you wanted to get it published somewhere, this is the place for you. The only difference between this and writing your own story is that you write it in my universe, and it cannot copy any of the other routes. Also, it has to pertain to the themes of the story. Note that this is not an easy task, and you should ONLY apply if you have time to write it and can deal with frustration. It also has to be an appropriate length. That would mean anywhere from 28,000-36,000 words, preferably at 32,000 words and a 2,000 word introductory meeting with the main character. This would be a 4,000 words per 1/2 week deadline. Please note that criticism is to be expected at this position, and you may be asked to rewrite certain chapters or change certain events.

Cultural Check/QC - If you are very knowledgeable in the field of traditional as well as modern japanese culture and interested in applying for a position, you could contribute by applying as the cultural check / QC mentor - to look over the scripts and make sure everything is consistent with the modern japanese lifestyle and culture.

Artist - Honestly, the odds of you getting in as an artist are 100/1. You would need to perfectly mimic the style that our present artist is working with. But if you want to give it a shot, who am I to stop you? Workload will be high, and you will have quick deadlines. Please PM me for qualifications.

Scripter - Again, this is a consistancy thing. If you have the ability to mimic the scripting style of our present scripter, I'll hand you a section of the script and you can try it. Workload is about 6 hours a week.

This thread will be periodically updated for preview additions and development status updates.

(Note: NoSanninWa suggested I post this in here)

Last edited by Kristen; 2008-05-16 at 17:26.
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote