View Single Post
Old 2008-03-22, 21:00   Link #1233
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
You never know....The C.E. timeline might work out in the third series...Gundam Seed Destiny isnt THAT bad compared to all anime in general. The only thing that sucked in GSD basically was the ending and the reused ideas.
And the recycled stock footage, the mindless grunts, the endless flashbacks, the atrocious pacing, the dropped story lines (Phantom Paine ship? Hello? Where did you go?), the entirely skipped plot points (history of Neo Loaranoke BEFORE the last episode, perhaps), the two-bit patheticness of all enemy nations (I am Atlantic Federation/Eurasia, her me phail), the epic plot holes and storyline errors that required total rewrites to halfway retcon out of existence...

There were many, MANY things wrong with Destiny besides the ending.

Quote:
The ending had horrible placement, I mean c'mon....They went shopping 4 phases before the final phase. Since I thought Gundam Seed was well-done, I believe Fukuda can make a pretty decent series, given a better writer and etc...Fukuda screwed up, even he admits that, but hey! Nobody's perfect.
Nobody's perfect, but even animation has standards. When you've proven you can produce decent quality, doing worse just doesn't cut it.
Quote:

For all we know, the third installment to the Seed timeline could be the best series you've ever seen....Since Fukuda EVEN ADMITS HE MESSED UP, he might just make a decent series, hopefully learning from his mistakes. He for sure, won't make another crap series, I can almost guarantee...almost....
Another series? About what? Most of the next ideas basically involve putting as much distance between it and the first two series as possible, but considering how a certain few characters went along and hijacked the second series, they'd all but have to be in series three. Otherwise the fangirls would cry, and it might as well be another universe entirely.
Quote:
As for first impressions, not many people thought Deathnote would be popular before it really finished the beginning.
And at first, people thought that Destiny would be made of starlight and awsomesause. If we go by your optimism for a season three, where does that put us again?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote