View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 13:11   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eej View Post
For the people talking about Hirano's role:

"In any case, on his blog, Shiina Takashi, the mangaka of Zettai Karen Children, for which the anime will start in April, says that although he only asked for a "popular young seiyuu," it was really Aya he was thinking of, and whom they ended up getting to play Kaoru. He says that her voice has "an unforgettable enchantment."

He thinks the character has to be played as a tomboy with a feminine voice, a mischievous princess in whom you can hear a future charismatic queen of the demons. And he says the director and the sponsors are pleased, too."
Yeah, sponsors seem to be the key behind Aya Hirano's latent popularity. Especially Kadokawa and Shogakukan.

Anyway I'm downloading the episode right now so soon I'll be able to judge for myself instead of playing it by ear. I think a lot of people are also expecting her to actually earn that Seiyuu award she was given (I mean REALLY earn it) and this role is not doing it. Some people are joking already in places I've been that she is likely to get nominated for this role and to at least take home something in next years awards so really it's kind of a joking scenario at this point. I don't think people hate her role so much as they are playing off of that whole Seiyuu Awards fiasco.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote