View Single Post
Old 2008-04-20, 17:12   Link #11
bayoab

Saw the first two episodes today at New York Comic-con. Let me get this out of the way first, I did not like the show because there was an unnecessary amount of fanservice and one the main character's hauu~ got grating on the ears after the first twenty times. That said, the show was very very weird.

The plot was sort of interesting. It wasn't new or anything, but it was an interesting take on it. The whole magical girls with super powers has been done time and time again, but they still managed to work some good dark elements into it and different stuff. Their powers weren't exactly original but they weren't exactly recycled either. It was an interesting touch with all the things they could do with them. The dark elements were really what made the show interesting to me. There was some really great potential there. (There are some really stupid moments too though.)

Visually, it was great. It looked absolutely great ignoring the fanservice.

Musically, it was very meh. The songs were all forgettable.

A quick summary of it is more like "3D lesbian magical girls save everyone and everything".

The voice acting hurt my ears for the most part. The three main characters were annoying, but all of the side characters were good.

Now, onto the complaining:

There were some very annoying elements to it. I will go into spoiler tags now:
These spoilers are very minor for the most part and do not spoil anything major. My first griped, "scenes" that repeated over and over.
Spoiler for Repeated scenes:

And the major gripe: This show had way too much fanservice of young girls. The series can be called "Triad bait". I would use another phrase involving the acronym P.W.D, but lets not open that can of worms. The magical girl transformation scenes itself weren't the problem. They are almost required for a magical girl show. The problem is what happened before and after.
Spoiler for Magical girls:

Here is the live watching feed just for fun. There are some spoilers in it:
Spoiler for Feed:

Last edited by bayoab; 2008-04-20 at 17:26.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote