View Single Post
Old 2008-05-20, 22:39   Link #111
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

"The Philosophy of Code Geass"?
I guess it's not as pretentious as I first thought, eh?
Sounds interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So V.V. is on a wild goose chase? Now that would be funny. Like I noted though, these Gods might not be Gods as one would imagine in the normal sense.
Now when we factor in that V.V. and C.C. are obviously from ye olde magical race, it's very possible that there are gods in the world of Code Geass. However, more likely is that the Gods are a metaphor for something related to this ancient race, with a bit of the Masami Eiri "With no one to worship me, I'm no God" (or something along those lines) that make these Gods "Gods". I'm currently waiting for a concrete explanation later, since my guesses will probably be faaar off, so I'd rather not try.

Of the topics on the first page, the only one I found particularly interesting (albeit cliché) was the question of morality in Zero's actions.
What he's doing is obviously for personal motives and gain: the typical anti-hero's vengeance, but also his love for his sister. However, once others are involved, they are also candidate for personal gain in defeating Brittania and gaining freedom. Now does that make Lelouch an angel or a devil?
Of course, we're all aware that he's the latter, but that's why he's cool.

And before people bring up lolDeath Note, let's just say that Light and Lulu aren't alike except that they're both intelligent. And have sisters. And have a special power. Aside from three minor things, they have no similarity at all.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote