View Single Post
Old 2008-06-28, 09:18   Link #247
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
So they'll probably skip Copy Rezo, eliminating Zangulus, no Martina, possibly no Gaav (no Auntie Aqua), no searching for the Claire Bible, Laguna Blade is something Lina invents and perfects on her own, with Syphiel not even knowing Dragon Slave?

And no Dragon cuisine.

Oh god. Don't tell me Amelia la Justice Freak will be back in full force?
It would make sense if the "first arc" is a retelling of season 1 and season 2 that is more closer to the original novels, in these Martina, Zangulus never existed. How Lina got to the Claire Bible in the first place was also much more "simple" in the novels and there never was a character called Auntie Aqua.

Anyway, these 12 episodes would introduce new audience to the "original" Slayers franchise and from there give a strong solid point to continue following the novels plotline.

Spoiler:
At this point the anime took a major shortcut from the novels and allowed a third season to be made.

Hopefully I havent confused people too much because english isnt my main language, so there might be some funny sentence structuring here and there.

EDIT:
Still I'm a little bit skeptic about this retelling thing, afterall it's Enoki Films. I thought they were dead and buried but I was obviously wrong. If they do the retelling scenario, I'm sure most people will be pleased because certain characters differ a lot from their anime counterparts.

Last edited by Graus; 2008-06-28 at 09:26. Reason: Fixing