View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 22:10   Link #1942
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
I understand what they intended with the ending and all, and it was entertaining I admit. But does anyone else feel a little betrayed by this series? I think back to the first 5-10 episodes of the first season that got me hooked, and made me so excited for this series, how I felt then; and compare it to now; well pretty much this whole season, and I feel like a good story and a ton of good characters were just wasted.

If only they could have just ended it with Season 1 somehow. Now I know that this series has no replay value for me. Watching any of it again would just be depressing. Code Geass this season for me went from being a spectacular Anime; one of the best I've ever experienced to a whatever Anime in just a few short months. It's sad. But oh well. In any case, I'm glad it existed.
All that needs to be said is that after Rolo died, the entire staff lost their guts. They stopped trying to make art, and kept trying to please everyone. The ending point blankly sucked, if I wanted to watch something childish, I would watch Children's television.

It went from being in my top ten favorite mecha series to not even being in my top 20. The only other comparable series is Big O, which went from an excellent noir with Mecha to an incomprehensible mecha series with tomatoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
One thing that got me. Why the hell hasn't Li Xing-ke died? What the hell is the point of giving him the fatal flaw of a timed death if he doesn't die? Without it he is pretty much Mary Sueish material.

How the hell is he a Mary sue? He didn't do anything, Tamaki has more plot relevance than Xingke.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote