View Single Post
Old 2008-12-08, 20:43   Link #9
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I usually avoid spoilers like the plague.

Quote:
And forget completed anime, spoilers seem to run loose in those threads, as if because the show is over, there is no need to post spoilers in warnings, eh?
I can't say I have a problem with that, after all if I haven't watched a series I won't start reading its thread from the last page. As you said, the best way to avoid spoilers is not to read any material related to the anime which can be tricky in the blogosphere. Which is why I visit blogs pretty much only when a new season starts to read first episode evaluations which can't really include any serious spoilers.

Quote:
Spoilers are rampant on these forums. Just clicking on the School Days sub-forum and reading thread titles will spoil the entire show (don't try this if you haven't seen the series already!).
Actually this forum has a very rigid anti-spoiler policy which I for one have yet to see anywhere else. It's not ideal but then again nothing is. You can enter the Higurashi or Death Note forum and not only not get spoiled just by the thread titles but if you feel like it you can also read the episode threads each time you finish watching an episode and not get spoiled (although this demands a lot of attention to dates of the posts ). I am mentioning these two titles since they are the type of series where a spoiler can be totally devastating for the enjoyment of the viewer.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote