View Single Post
Old 2009-01-18, 03:57   Link #113
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I never try entering any competition, just because I never find my stories suitable for submission. I did, however, take part in the Animax Anime Competition (I forgot which year it was open to all Asian subscribers) and it didn't end up for me as I wasn't among the selected finalists. I'm not sure if this year will give me any luck in competitions like this.

BTW, here's the link for the said submission.

As for this year, I've had ideas for a story about a high-school bully who rediscovers the lost portion of his life after he saved a kitten from drowning. It's a slice-of-life/drama story, but I haven't had it started as of today.
Thanks for the link, I'll get back to you soon.
(If you want feedback that is. If not, let me know and I'll just enjoy reading it for what it is)

PS: Most writers are never sastified with their work. Infact, that goes for most artists. However you're not the one judging for the competitions, so one never knows what they're looking for, or what story may strike a chord with them.
Don't give up totally, see if there's a comp this year that you'd like to try for and give yourself plenty of time to prepare for it.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote