View Single Post
Old 2009-02-07, 23:47   Link #95
Falkor

I wonder if people would be really happy as long as "it's not like Lucky Star". If for example the show had a crappy artwork, the gags were humourless, the seiyuus were far from experienced and the staff had no idea of what the heck they were doing, some people might still enjoy it because "it's not like Lucky Star."

hmmm ...I get the feeling more than one is going to feel disappointed... just saying...

so let's see, what I sort of expect from the show:

- I do expect moé... it's going to have a certain degree of it, not because Kyoani is going to be in charge, but because the source material has something of that sort. Of what form and in what way is going to be handled by the studio/staff is beyond me. (a word of advice: if you don't like moé at all and you expect this show not to have anything of it, this might not be what you are looking for... just saying...)

- The premise and the little preview of the 4-koma suggest that this show is going to have some sort of plot or sense of continuity. It depends now on how the scriptwriter/screenwriter translates this to the anime medium. But I would be lying if I said that I'm not expecting some issues/problems arising as result.

- a character-driven rather than plot-driven (or humour-driven) kind of show.

- 4-komas are very difficult to adapt, so not really expecting anything mind boggling... on the other hand, it should allow the staff to have more liberties as to what direction the show is going to take. How are they going to use these creative licenses or in what ways they are going to be conveyed/executed is still uncertain.

- well, just expecting a fun series. Maybe I'm going to enjoy the discussions, as long as they are not too emphatic on Kyoani, Lucky Star, Haruhi, and whatnots...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote