View Single Post
Old 2009-03-28, 22:14   Link #443
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Well looking at it into it deeper, it brings up the question: "Is a tsundere a good way to describe a character? Does it have a negative or positive connotation?" It feels like to me, the way you would like this ending depends on how if you see if the word is a positive or a negative.

To me, it feels like a negative because people should be able to be open with their feelings. Taiga has gone through a very long road from beginning to end with Ryuuji there the entire time. During the arc, it felt as if that Taiga had finally come to the realization of what to do with her life. How she can mend the bonds with her family and friends and understand what she wants to do.

The way I believe that many people see the ending is how you saw Taiga in way. Taiga is a fantastic character who went through a lot and I was glad to see her change from how she was to the beginning. But while hitting Ryuuji and acting defensive is who Taiga is can we say that is a positive trait about her character?

I know this is kind of leading into character discussion, but I believe the way you see her may affect your opinion on the ending.
I never even mentioned the word 'tsundere' in any of my replies to you, so that was never an issue. Everyone in the cast has 'flaws' to speak of, and Taiga being violent when embarassed / shocked / emotional is just how she is; not as tsundere but as Taiga Aisaka. She solved everything by being violent, episode 16 was proof of this (beating the shit out of the student council president).

This is like getting at mad Ryuji for being a typical oblivious male lead or Minorin for being the happy lucky idiot with serious mental issues. After 25 episodes you should know damn well by now how things run with everyone in this show, something like the headbutt is 100% warranted, in character, and not out of place in the slightest. If she just wrapped her arms around him and the background spouted flowers and rainbow sprinkles I would have been seriously disappointed.

:P

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!