View Single Post
Old 2009-03-28, 22:56   Link #445
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I never even mentioned the word 'tsundere' in any of my replies to you, so that was never an issue. Everyone in the cast has 'flaws' to speak of, and Taiga being violent when embarassed / shocked / emotional is just how she is; not as tsundere but as Taiga Aisaka. She solved everything by being violent, episode 16 was proof of this (beating the shit out of the student council president).

This is like getting at mad Ryuji for being a typical oblivious male lead or Minorin for being the happy lucky idiot with serious mental issues. After 25 episodes you should know damn well by now how things run with everyone in this show, something like the headbutt is 100% warranted, in character, and not out of place in the slightest. If she just wrapped her arms around him and the background spouted flowers and rainbow sprinkles I would have been seriously disappointed.

:P
I don't really enjoy the idea of Taiga attacking her significant other. I don't get how it's wrong to think that. Or promote a more romantic/novel-like ending.

Do you have to accept 100% of everything that a character does to like them? There's really no reason to. We know these characters are flawed, but the way the flaws are portrayed and dealt with determine how we feel about them. And I honestly felt that with everything Taiga went though, she would of grown during the time of the separation. I still believe Taiga is great, but how she attacks people is the one thing about her I do not like.