View Single Post
Old 2009-04-16, 06:03   Link #23
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
WHAT????their literacy rate is like 99% just like every other communist countries. They do care a lot about education, also after all they are Asian .
Literacy, means that the person is taught not just to read and write, but think objectively as well as subjectively for both himself and others. N.K removed the last one to keep control over their people.

Just in case you don't know, I find that the education system in Asia is more focused on feeding pure information and facts rather than teaching the students how to think, derive and understand. I was given detention for arguing against determinism (statistics) in Maths class in middle school. My phrase of "everything can be determined, if the human race has the ACTUAL capacity to do so" earned me that stay-back-after-school and alot of shit from my classmates. And most of the students just study for the sake for passing in exams and getting into university.

If everyone just want to learn and nobody wants to understand, just for the sake of personal pride/glory/gain, nor abuse knowledge in a way which could benefit in a form of discoveries or breakthroughs, what is the point of education?

I digress with my idealism of education. Returning to the point of Kimmy and the nukes, I think it would be even worse if Kim dies. A civil war might erupt and spill over to South Korea, and the machine guns at the DMZ aren't enough to mow down a 1.6 mil strong army.

UTTERLY USELESS FACT : If you take the initials of North Korea, add a U between the 2 letters and a E at the end, you get what they are always trying to build.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.