View Single Post
Old 2009-04-16, 16:29   Link #27
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
You could say "nuking NK is wrong," but simply acknowledging that won't change if it will or won't happen.
I believe that the existence of nuclear weaponry and supports nuclear abolishment. However, if North Korea intends to fire nukes, I hope they get nuked first. I guess my perspective, especially on the nukes is very similar to that of former prime minister Sato Eisaku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Some seem to be missing the point that a pre-emptive submarine launched nuke strike would slaughter possibly millions of people whose only "crime" is to be born in the wrong country. That's exactly the sort of talk that justifies NK paranoia and makes one wonder who the "good guys" were supposed to be...
Born in the wrong country? You mean the North Koreans..? I do not think they are innocent people, considering that they grew up under a rogue regime in which they receive brainwashing sessions as education. Have you ever heard of disagreeing voices in North Korea around the world? I have yet to heard of any. And thus, people who consider North Korea as a serious threat cannot be considered as part of the so-called "NK paranoia". In fact, the term "NK paranoia" is merely part of the propaganda North Korean supporters are spreading. Thus, your point is invalid IMO, no offense though.