View Single Post
Old 2009-05-20, 16:40   Link #88
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for Off Topic, A little more about my past:
Teachers and other people are human. Therefore they can't be perfect and can do mistakes. I don't say that to excuse them, but I think it should be said.

About being opimistic and pessimistic, my parents never said to me that the world is a perfect place in which I will live happily with a pink poney. Actually, they always were very blunt about how the world is. A person has to do many efforts to climb the ladder, and to be careful. Sadly, it can happen that a person won't be able to do it due to many factors. It's like trying to cook without any ingredients or with bad ingredients. Expecting to do a marvelous dish is out of the question.

On a society/commune pov, it's quite the same. Without becoming a bad person by using wrong means to obtain what you want, if you don't give all you've got, you might not be able to make a step forward. At least, it should be a good thing to try, so then you will not have any regrets. But again, a kid can't do much by himself, that's why he/she needs his/her parents.

Keep in mind that I don't lecture you at all. I don't have any right to do this.

Quote:
Nicely done. Value add it by wrapping it up with a "See you in hell" with a middle finger wielded by the Statue Of Liberty (all puns within are intentional).
It reminds me something. The Statue of Liberty was a present from the French xD. Bartholdi was the one who sculpted the statue. And he said something famous:

"I will fight for the Liberty. I will call from free people. I will glorify the Republic there, waiting to find it back here, someday."

Quote:
I owe these guys for accepting me for who I am, and come to think of it, not all those kind of guys are bad. Some of them are just acting like that to be "as cool as their buddies". Peer pressure affects all youths, even the sensible ones.
When you don't fit the norm, it's not always easy to be accepted by the other people. I don't say that sometimes they don't have good reasons to criticize a person, but it can happen that they will pressure somebody without any good reason.

That's something I know quite well, because it happened to me to be criticized badly without any good reason. But I am not the kind of people who bows in front of that type of person, or who needs lots of friends to live happily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
As for the "still single" thing... While it's probably too early to worry, the older you are, the more set in your ways you become. And if those ways include "being a recluse", well...
I could try to understand if the boy was 30. But he is so, so young. He has still all the time for that. Right now, that's not the problem. Actually, i will say that at this age, you better try to make the most of the time you can spend with your family, because those particular moments at this particular age won't last. But maybe I am part of the few people who really enjoyed to spend time with my family during my early teens, and even now.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-05-20 at 16:59.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote