View Single Post
Old 2009-06-14, 05:10   Link #255
Kagekyuubi

I've been thinking about who's the supporter and before episode 10 I figured that it had to be no. I or IX. Now I should add no. II and XII. Here's how my logic works:

No. I - Either the supporter or acts as the supporter. Man in first episode talking to Juiz had no. I written on his phone knows that Akira erased his memories. If Akira was the supporter before he lost his memories then whoever this guy is acting as the supporter to make sure that no one else knew that Akira was the supporter. In episode 10, he seems to be surprised that no. XII was the supporter or Mr. Outside. He wouldn't have said it was Mr. Outside unless he thought he knew who the supporter was.

No. II - Supposedly Tsuuji but we haven't seen his number in the anime yet. The fact that he survived without spending any money makes him looks suspicious since the supporter should have killed him by now.

No. IX - May have been the supporter before he lost his memories. If he was the supporter then whoever is acting as the supporter now has to know about Akira erasing his memories. The fact that he prepared several aliases doesn't really seem like something a normal person would do either.

No. XII - He moved Juiz at the last moment and just started spending his money. Supporter hasn't touched him either so there's a reason for that. Most likely overseeing the game as the Supporter or Mr Outside.

Based on the reenactment of how no. V got his phone and the unknown status of Ato Saizo, it's quite possible that Ato Saizo is still alive. He also knew who the guy who killed him but didn't think that he was the supporter up till then.

My theory is that Mononobe thought that Akira was the supporter and Mononobe convinced him to erase his memories. Because of this, Mononobe has to carry out the duties so that the others still think the supporter is in play, possibly to fool Mr. Outside so that he could work on taking over the Selecao system. Mononobe kept tabs on all the Selecao except no. IV and XII based on the OP and that he said he confirmed the identities of 9 other selecao so it's quite likely that he and Hiura met which is the reason why Hiura recognized who came to kill him. Tsuuji was kept safe because Mononobe was acting as the supporter. By personally killing Hiura it would let him avoid being suspected of killing Hiura through the phone. So long as Tsuuji was alive, Mononobe would be convinced that Akira was supporter which is why he thought Selecao XII might be Mr. Outside. Mononobe seems to be type of person who would set up all his pieces before making a big move so it's not that unlikely for him to have done all this. He wasn't keeping tabs on selecao IV so that means he wasn't involved in his death. He probably knew that Akira was involved with the guy at the time of his death so he probably thought that Akira acted as the supporter again which is why he was sure that AKira got his memories back. When Mononobe found out that he didn't, he looked relieved and mentioned that he overestimated Akira. This shows that he considered Akira as a threat giving more evidence that he thought that Akira was the supporter. Because of Mononobe's lack of knowledge on how selecao IV was killed and the fact that someone had to have done it means that Akira wasn't the Supporter in the first place and was made a decoy by the real one.

We now have two candidates on who's the supporter: Selecao II and Selecao XII. The OP shows that selecao II is linked to Akira somehow. We still haven't seen Tsuuji's no. but the fact that Mononobe has him on the team means that he has someway of proving that he didn't use any of his selecao money at all. Judging by Mononobe's reaction, that would make him no. II by elimination. Him not dying by the supporter also increases the likeliness of him being the supporter. Add the fact that Mononobe couldn't possibly have found him through the phone records based on his lack of expenditures means that he came to Mononobe and not the other way around. The fact that selecao X is the next to die based on the OP means that someone killed him. This is much easier to do if you were nearby to do it. All in all, Tsuuji's the most likely candidate for the supporter and selecao XII is probably Mr. Outside.

Forgive the messy logic here but I was working my way through as I typed it down.