View Single Post
Old 2009-07-06, 04:20   Link #65
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon81 View Post
I've never feel empty after a marathon, I am normally happy that thats another full series I've seen, and just knackered too. I've only ever once watched a marathon with the mate I mentioned earlier and it was ony 12 episodes. It was great that we could talk about it for a few hours as it turned out, but we never really spoke of it again. To me I'm not really all that bothered if I get to talk about if or not, end of the day its me that just saw it and I can think about what I just saw, or visit forums and chat that way to see other peoples oppions.

I like marathons when I'm on holiday from work as its a great way to pass the time and you can finally get through some of the dvds that are rapidly piling up. Plus I find its a good way to notice suttle thing that keep popping up in different episodes again and again.

Also take something like Genshiken, I totally get it and love it to bits. None of the people I know would get it, well they would from a just watching a group if fans in a club. But they wouldn't get it from the target audience's otaku piont of view.
Try a 600+ episodes marathon; just laying on the bed watching anime with the tv above and over your head facing towards you, telling others to put food at your side, positioning yourself near the bathroom and watching an anime, although very boring, is forcing you to watch more because without it...it'll feel like something's missing...maybe its just MY problem. ugh, i need a break...nah..
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote