View Single Post
Old 2009-08-16, 19:50   Link #39
magnificentnoodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Bernkastel View Post
I've got a problem with playing the Umineko games (Windows XP)...
I tried to play EP4 (with the english patch), but it doesn't work - instead it says:
"You either do not have your computer set up to play japanese games, or you are missing some music files"
but the other patched Episodes of Umineko work fine ! So what's the problem?
I changed the options to jap once...then EPs 1-3 worked and then I turned it back (and the games still worked - only EP4 doesn't..).

* About changing the options to japanese.....it's a problem because it uninstalls every other language when I change it to jap....and I don't have the CD required for reinstalling everything....I also can't download the things it uninstalls because my comp will be set to jap... '''XD
What should I do? T_T
I found a very interesting work around for this.
I had the exact same problem by the way T_T

Anyways, just 'right click' in the screen and select 'system'.
And then click on 'Title Back' and you'll end up at the title screen

Make sure you do this when the text transition is complete; if that doesn't make sense, just keep right clicking and you'll see it soon enough.

I hope this helps!
By the way, if you just change your 'Non-Unicode' setting to Japanese, it should work perfectly fine.
It won't affect your OS or menus, at least it didn't do anything to mine.
Just go to Control Panel -> Regional/Language Options -> Administrative -> Change System Locale and select Japanese
Make sure you are changing the 'Non-Unicode' setting.

EDIT: Click 'F' to make it full-screen.

Last edited by magnificentnoodles; 2009-08-16 at 20:24. Reason: Found a solution
magnificentnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote