View Single Post
Old 2009-09-11, 08:08   Link #40
brain
house music addict

I don't agree with most of the assessments already posted, upon a second watch of this episode. I think the most likely explanation for Horo's behavior is that she wants to prove to Lawrence that she actually does trust him; the theme to watch for should absolutely be trust as evidenced by the Amati arc that just occurred. Horo is, of course, worried about what will happen when they eventually make it (or fail to make it) to Yoitsu. She intimates many times that she has no expectation of his failure in the realms of business.

What I do not understand is why the sale of the inn was not broached in the plotting session between the owner, Lawrence and Abe. It seems like the inn, wagon and horse(s? damned if I can remember) would go a long way toward buying back Horo even if the worst did happen in their dealings, so neither Horo nor Lawrence should be that direly concerned about Horo's freedom. Not to mention the fact that a wolf goddess can probably escape most captors....

Also, what Horo wants is not necessarily Lawrence acting the same as he did initially. In their last private inn-room conversation, she pointedly reminds him of the fact that she does not have to be with him on her own journey; she chooses it because being with him makes her happiest. It's not as if she hasn't been explicit about describing her level of affection for Lawrence throughout. From seeing her behavior in the evenings, you can make a pretty good guess that what she is expecting is more for him to progress it than regress it or let it stagnate. I'm surprised that she hasn't had the wherewithal to make the first move when it comes to actual sexual intimacy -- it makes me have doubts that either one of them is actually experienced in that area, despite the unlikelihood of that in general.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews