View Single Post
Old 2009-11-07, 10:21   Link #55
hei

One interesting point. Look at the conversation between Hei and Mao in the hotel. Quoted from BSS sub.

Quote:
Hei: She's a contractor, yet there's no consistency to her behaviour. She hasn't lost her interests, either.
Mao: There were too many things that she didn't know of to begin with. She must've been incomplete as a human. And then she turned into a contractor.
Hei: A contractor to learning to be human.
Some may say that they're talking about Suou's growing-up. But I believe it would be more than that. Then, "why is Suou unstable as a contractor?" I don't think "because she is a kid" is a correct answer. Compare Suou with other contractors of her age. Shion already acted like a grown-up contractor. Also, we saw that Tanya's behaviour and way of thinking were completely changed overnight.

Two answers are possible. First, it's a typical plot hole: Main characters are emotional and secondary characters are emotionless. Needless to say, Suou is a main character and Tanya is a side character.

The other possibility is that, as Mao points out, Suou, unlike Tanya, was "incomplete as a human" from the beginning. That is, she was not a normal human. For example, she could have been a doll who was programmed to act like a human. But it's still a wild guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyBank View Post
Finallly managed to watch it!
First reaction: do we really have to see the creepy magical girl transformation in every episode?
Every episode? I don't think so! Later they will stop it and make an excuse like this: "Suou is now accustomed to being a contractor, so she does not have to repeat undressing and re-dressing whenver she summons the gun."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyBank View Post
That contractor-mum was really lucky that Hei lost his powers. She'd be fried to a crisp!
Don't count her lucky yet! The plot needs another living target for Suou's gun!

Last edited by hei; 2009-11-07 at 10:50. Reason: add quote mark