View Single Post
Old 2010-06-16, 21:50   Link #11161
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Or, you could go for a more complicated explanation, like the person who he broke a promise to, his sin, fell into despair after that, becoming a miserable, hopeless being.
Solving the Epitaph does not grant the family survival from the explosion. However, Battler realising his sin does. In doing so, he shoulders responsiblity for his sin and the well-being of the family, essentially, becoming the next head.
I think how Battler inherits Beatrice's title after he arrives at the truth in Episode 5 is supposed to represent a similar sequence of events that will proceed if he ever realizes his sin in-game. Beatrice is sort of a temporary head while Kinzo is dead and the new head hasn't taken their place yet, it seems. So him inheriting her title is similar to him inheriting the title of Ushiromiya family head.
But, since he has never realized his sin in-game, we get the endgame explosion each Episode.

I've been more on his sin causes side and not the sin is against side.

Basically the causality theory for the sin works like this
  • Battler sins against person A
  • Sinning against person A affects person B
  • Person B affects person C, person D, and so on...
  • Even if Person A may not care anymore (or forgives Battler) Person's B, C, and D, etc are still in affect
  • Therefore if Person A forgives Battler Person B may not. He may even kill Battler because of it.

Now this fits in to some things that Battler and Eva say in the first two episodes.

Battler basically says
  • If Jessica is involved that means George is involved
  • If George is involved that means Shannon is involved
  • If Shannon is involved then are more people involved?

Eva Basically says
  • The servants must be involved because they know the layout of the mansion and they know where all the keys are
  • But if you think about it what does a servant mean? It means someone who serves so therefore don't you think it's natural that if the 19th person does not exist than there must be a handler that manipulate people into carrying out the murders?

And we get more and more statements of how this can be caused
  • Battler: "If this was six years ago I would have made fun of the dejected Jessica I guess I've grown up since then"
  • Battler: Goodbye my fleeting love of six years ago
  • Jessica's statement about causing a fued among girls
  • Hideyoshi's stories about the sengoku era where X causes a fight over the headship
  • Battler to maria: I'll make you my number one follower!
  • I'm sure there are more.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-06-16 at 22:32.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote