View Single Post
Old 2010-07-30, 01:09   Link #32
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I have no problem with She-of-the-SanCon-Hate. As a voice actress, she is quite skilled. That said, I don't know how well she'll fit the character. Kiss-Shot is a bit more mature than other characters she's had success with, and frankly, she was already deepening her voice for Konata and Haruhi, neither of which has sufficient gravitas... There's also the question of how much baggage she'll be carrying around...

We'll see... If she pulls a Lohan, or just quits the voice biz, at least they won't have to worry about the voice not matching the one in Bake (since there wasn't one).

I think a lot of the Shinobu fans are going to am disappoint, though... Impression I got is that the character's going to be decidedly less loli than she was in the previous series for pretty much the entire story (doesn't Ararararagi-kun not even see the loli form until the first ep of Bake?). And since being cute and loli (and sitting quietly in shadows thinking up inventive underwear) was about the only thing going for her before, aging up is going to upset some people... (I like dangos on my chicks, so I'm fine with it)

If they do end up making a movie out of it, who wants to lay money that they'll announce a week before release date that they're not through yet...? ^_^