View Single Post
Old 2010-08-06, 18:01   Link #4269
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
And in the end those who claim that there is a realistic explanation for EP5-6 are claiming that Erika's behavior is fake a lot more than I do. So I find it extremely hypocritical to point that rare case where it's convenient for them to think Erika's behavior is truthful and claim that I need to accept it.
So what's your argument against it again? From what I gather, you're saying "It makes no sense for Erika to go into the bathroom, yet she did go into the bathroom. Her view presents a reason, but this cannot be the reason, because her view is false, therefore EP6 makes no sense." (feel free to correct me though)

Yet I've provided a solution where the burns scenario is falsified, and the anger at being burnt still fits, so there's no reason to object to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
I am part of those that believe there is no realistic explanation for ep 5-6, which is exactly why I have no reason to believe Erika is lying. There's nothing that makes sense about her killing the five others by severing their heads, but she did so, and yet I don't question if it's a lie or not. If you believe there's no realistic explanation for ep 5-6, why does she have to lie about anything?
It's easy to explain that. Erika knows about the bomb plot, and is resigned to dying. However she decides to have some fun as 'the detective' first, by trying to pin the murders on Battler. Or even Erika is mentally unstable, so her actions appear logical to her.

I believe EP6 isn't broken, because it has Battler as the GM, and he cares about the board. In other words, there is love in the game. EP5 is a far bigger trainwreck. Faked deaths, red on the gameboard, red used in Natsuhi's thoughts, everyone obeying a guest unthinkingly, Battler helping the illusion, the man from 19 years ago, and even an 18th person. But I still have hope for the 5th game, because of the knock. That knock implies that there is still a mystery unsolved in EP5, and that the rest of it can be explained away.

Last edited by Pika_power; 2010-08-06 at 18:15.