View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 14:05   Link #100
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiz View Post
The most recent one I worked in (which I left before we managed to release a single episode) had the "workflow" consist of TLC (they were using a CR script as base), "timing", first editing, second editing, typesetting, first QC, second QC, encode, RC-QC, mistake fixing, potential re-encoding if there are problems in the hardsubbed credits or typesetting. QCers obviously have no permission whatsoever to touch the script, they must all write extensive QC reports, and if they find a timing error, it gets passed to the timer, an editing mistake, it gets passed to the editor, etc. And apparently the one taking care of the "who fixes what" was one of the editors, not the leader, who apparently did... the secondary editing. Go figure. 99% of the time was spent doing absolutely nothing due to either the person who was supposed to do something being missing or "not feeling like working", and of course there was no flexibility whatsoever, NO-ONE HAS THE PERMISSION TO TOUCH SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK.
Oh come one, that too retarded to be true. I refuse to believe that.

IMO: Karaoke. Now, I'm fine with simple /k, English at the bottom, romaji at the top. But why hiragana/kanji? All it does is clutter the screen. And don't get me started on those hideous flashy exploding effects. The only way those could be more distracting is if a magic hand comes out of the screen and pokes you in the eye. I don't even understand why karaoke even exists...
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote