View Single Post
Old 2010-11-07, 10:39   Link #4065
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmyeah, true. And he does seem to remember, though that does not help the argument of him being a good guy. Why lie about amnesia, after all?
He said he only crudely remember bits about Natsu and nothing else. Wouldn't be a lie if that's the case.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Jellal pulled a final boss card and reveals that he knew Urtear was manipulating him and was just playing along.
That would be... awkward, to say the least. A play-along where he goes the extra mile on the Tower of Paradise plan which is high-risk/zero-reward ( since Zeref was never dead ) to the point where he got sucked in Aetherion/R-System, ended up in a coma that only Wendy was capable of healing, took the extreme risk of helping Natsu despite Zero being an actual ally and Natsu hating him and allowed himself to be captured despite being said that he may actually face execution?

It would be a master plan that beats Lelouch, Light Yagami, L, Near and Johan combined.

Quote:
*compares the two*

Quite similar, methinks. They both even have the half-shadow of doom, even if it's slightly less noticeable on Nirvana Jellal.
The smile is similar, but the shadow of doom on Nirvana Jellal is really just the hair and the mark on his face. The scene wasn't really given a proper focus for us to distinguish whether or not it's a 'just as planned, sucker!' or a 'my believe in you whom Erza believes in is true, and beyond that.'

Overall though, from what I see of Jellal in the Nirvana arc, my opinion leans towards that he's no longer evil. The scene where he remembers Erza's hair colour, the scene where he 'thought' that Erza was the light that gave him hope during the Midnight fight feels to me, like a decent indicator to push the optimistic agenda for Jellal, rather than the pessimistic one.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote