View Single Post
Old 2010-12-17, 18:46   Link #63
Seiryuu

In all fairness, Tsukasa'd been keeping a lot from him, he still didn't have any clue about many aspects of her past, so he was at a loss how to proceed. And it didn't help that his advice earlier was maybe a little poorly done. He was right to suggest that she try to patch things up so that everyone would work together, but Ayatsuji took it the wrong way, thinking that he was saying that her aggressive, manipulative side was bad, not just a little overboard for some diplomatic situations. The result was that she was completely different from the girl he knew, and he had no idea why. To make it worse, she didn't seem completely unhappy or forced, because this was a real part of her and she did indeed like to be close to people, so he couldn't say she was acting or that this side was bad, because both sides were part of her.
Also, he knew that what he'd said had somehow cut deep when he didn't mean it to, and so in his eyes he'd hurt and traumatized his love, so he had no idea what to do. I don't think he was planning to go home when he found Umehara. He's a member of the Committee, so he'd have to be there for the after-festival meeting. He just needed to think. And his friend gave him a good pep talk and sent him back in. Ultimately, he was clumsy and stupid, insensitive and basically wandering blind, but he wanted to understand her and help her, and he did rather well for a clumsy guy. Anyway, guys are often fairly poor at figuring out how a girl's feeling, why, and most important, how he should behave.

I agree that the daughter looks a little old. She may be 7 or 8, but it would seem that they made her pretty quick after graduating. And yet they only made the one. If they were that eager, you'd think the girl would have a few siblings with her. Still, awesome in my book and a great way to end. Even if Tsukasa looks hideous with that hairdo.