View Single Post
Old 2011-01-03, 16:16   Link #187
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Speaking of which.... after this, how many people here would be willing to read another WTC series?
I wouldn't. I liked Umineko in spite of Higurashi, and I'm not all that impressed with Umineko in the end. That's not to say I don't like it, I just don't think it's good enough for the time invested. Had it not taken four years it'd be one thing (taken entirely on its own, Legend of the Golden Witch is a pretty good story, but the time/quality ratio starts flagging by mid-Alliance and craters in Chiru).

He's a good character writer, a good dialogue writer, a terrible descriptive writer, a terrible expository writer, handles his themes hamfistedly (but competently compared to most amateurs), and he desperately needs an editor. For a professional writer (and he is a professional writer, even if WTC is a "doujin" series), he is merely not bad at what he does.

Call me a picky snob (I am) but I didn't get out of many years' interest what I put into it. I have no particular reason to believe he's likely to change and improve unless he makes a definite commitment to professionalism in the future.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote