Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll iDOLM@STER the anime (and spin-offs)
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-11, 22:08   Link #12
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post
So much Xenoglossia hate here. :/ Everywhere else I've seen people seemed to like it for what it managed to pull off.

I loved that series and I'm disappointed that they're not continuing it. I mean I'm not a hardcore Idolmaster fan, I've never even played the games. Was it the fact that it was different, and not a retelling of the game's storyline, that makes everyone here hate it? I have some difficulty understanding.
Basically it is because they use the names and the design of the characters from the game but completely re-wrote their personalities, on top of that the story is completely unrelated to the game universe, not even the seiyuus are the same. So in essences there was absolutely no point and no reason in using the same names and character designs in the first place except as a cheap ploy to use the "idolmaster" name as pure marketing hook to milk money from the fans, that's why it pissed off the game players.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote