View Single Post
Old 2011-02-27, 09:09   Link #11014
DDshoeshowz

Send a message via AIM to DDshoeshowz
Hey everyone!

Hey everyone! I have to say, I am really glad I found this place. First a few things about me:

I've never been a huge anime fan, never. I really enjoyed it before don't get me wrong. I truly see it as another artistic medium and I've always appreciated it from that angle. You see, I've always been quite into art - even looking into art school and enrolling under "Illustration" (for a semester before I found that anthropology was really my calling).

Anyway, the point of this all is I've always been outside of the more "fannish" qualities of the anime fandom but I've definitely known about it. I didn't really find anime anymore interesting than the other artistic outlets I've enjoyed (graphic novels, traditional novels, etc.) until recently. And you know why? This:

YES!

Now I understand, now I truly understand just how people can be so...inspired! This show, while not outwardly so, is one of the best things I have ever watched. It knows exactly what it is, who's it's audience, and what it's going for.

Anyway, what does this have to do all with this forum? Well, I've done some research and I've found that this is one of the best, most welcoming places to share my new-found love. So, thank you guys and I look forward to getting to know you all!

DDshoeshowz is offline   Reply With Quote