View Single Post
Old 2004-11-01, 19:39   Link #20
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
Illiterate - adj. Ignorant; Uneducated; esp., Not knowing how to read or write

I think at least in today's world your statement is a broad sweeping generalization and I do not agree that the mass majority is illiterate.
Sorry, let me clarify. The thing is that many people in the US does not know the issues and some do not care what the issues are. They vote with their hearts vs heads. this is true with most elections. Think history: Reagan, Clinton, Kennedy. Kennedy is an interesting issue. He got in basically on looks and family but ended up being very good.

I can't remember the CNN poll but a lot of people want Kerry to win since they do not like Bush. When asked to list what Kerry stands for, a lot of people cannot say what he stood for.

Another thing is the Draft. A lot of people think that it's Bush's idea. It's actually a Charles Rangel, Rep from NY (D). Why did he submit this? As a protest against having young and uneducated and poor people die while the "rich" and "educated" are safe from the front lines.

Basically, what I'm getting at is people are either mis-informed of the issues, uneducated as to what canididates stand for, vote by emotions, and so forth.

Oh, BTW, since you are listed as WA state. You can say Gary Locke is a very good govenor. He got in because of the concentrated asian vote. As to how good he was, well, you know.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote