View Single Post
Old 2011-06-02, 06:04   Link #298
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
i hope they do. additional scenes and dialogue for a change than making cosmetic upgrades
Except that 2ch will go about ranting "oh look, a whole scene they couldn't finish in time for the broadcast! Bakemonogatari #2!"
But seriously, there is a common practice of DVD bonus episodes. Why not make one here - and I'm not talking weird fanservice-driven insertions, but something that would add more to the story. One of the latest magazines mentioned that the original script, if left in production, would have made episode 10 twice as long. It's possible that the main points we now hear in CD dramas were initially planned by Gen as the expansion of timelines Homura experienced, but didn't fit into the schedule frame (and I guess Shaft didn't want another headache with having to stream the episodes falling out of the broadcast limit). It's even possible that the evetns of Oriko Magica had to be likewise removed and converted to a different medium (and if you can't show it in one timeline, there's no point in showing it in others - for all we know, it might be not the case of the issue originating in just one timeline, but other timelines rescripted from the start to remove what would have become a mere plot hole). So come on, Shaft, how about it? Even without a sequel, we could do with some midquel OVAs, dwelling on Kamijou, on the past of Mami and Kyouko, on the stories of other magical girls, even (Joan of Ark, anyone?). Before you consider a slice-of-life AU, there's still plenty to be done to the main plotline, and you can bet it's gonna sell.
Not that I don't want a slice-of-life AU as well, though. The prospect of Sayaka staying alive and shining is tempting in itself, and if we're finally shown her hitting it off making friends with Kyouko... I'm in!

Quote:
and music itself should have cured (or at least calmed/lessen his burden) him from his agony/depression
to be fair, he had been suggested to abandon music (his music teacher was seriously trippin' there... talk about good intentions and the road they pave), and we still don't know how much of an influence Charlotte might have been, despite how brief her presence was. These are the points I can take into account before accusing him of lashing out on Sayaka (considering that he regretted it and apologised later). Of course, his further behaviour remains less excusable no matter how you look at it.

One might think Kamijou is the sort who gets overly obsessive with music and lets this obsession overwhelm human relationships. But it doesn't show in his interaction with his classmates ot Hitomi. So far, I'm really struggling to understand this guy.

Quote:
and this is considering kamijou's supposedly in the 'good side'
Y'know, Kyuubey honestly believes he can say the same about himself.