View Single Post
Old 2011-06-17, 18:42   Link #1503
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I'll also go with Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, which give unfortunate reputations to anime fans for years now
Not sure what you mean by this. I have an idea of what you mean, but if that's true then I can't say I agree.

Quote:
The rest you mentioned had a lot of interesting elements even if fetishism is so distracting for you
I made that post before I had the discussion with you on the Korezom forum about the last episode. Kind of convinced me such things aren't as bad as I initially thought. Though I still have little interest in that stuff.

I can't deny that some of the concepts presented in those other three are interesting but that's partly why I was disappointed, because they were presented in an unsatisfactory way.

I'll revise/update the reasons I don't like those series' now:

The main reason I don't like Sora no Otoshimono now is because of the characters. The main lead's a useless pervert and not any of the other characters are really that likeable to me. Aside from maybe Ikaros, but even then she's kind of boring. Plus the manga-ka seems to like ignoring his plot in favor of ecchi and harem antics quite often, which I can't say I approve of.

Highschool of the Dead's concept is overused and tired. I see so many things related to zombies lately it's just ridiculous. While I'm still convinced the anime was crap I don't feel the same way about the manga. I just found it un-engaging and stopped reading after 10 chapters.

Seikon no Qwaser has an atmosphere I like. Quite dark and gothic with a very biblical-inspired plotline and some gruesomeness. The main problem I have is the soma plot-device. I admit it's somewhat unique but I just don't like the concept of using breast milk as a way to gain power, and it's used incredibly often. It's a personal preference.

I'm not too sure how fetishism fits into my dislike of these series' but whatever.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-06-17 at 22:00.