View Single Post
Old 2011-07-07, 10:05   Link #8119
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I don't think either character cares what anyone else really thinks about them. They've shown that throughout the manga that they'll do what they want, regardless of what their friends may think. Haruto especially. I find it funny that anytime his friends tell him something he doesn't want to hear, he gets all angry, yet when someone he barely knows and who blackmailed him tells him she thinks he did the right thing, he's like "Yeah, I did." Just like an adult appeasing a child.
The value of her judgment lies in the fact that she has no emotional involvement of her own in the situation, unlike Haruto's friends(?) and Nanami (the latter of whom's "advice" to Eba struck me as particularly disingenuous, given the history of her involvement with the two of them ).

Aside from that, perhaps what Haruto was really looking for wasn't simply knowledge of the "right" course of action, but rather the conviction to be himself whilst surrounded by people who expect otherwise of him. Everyone needs a friend .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I think that's probably my biggest gripe about this manga. I like it when characters grow throughout the story, but Haruto and Eba are no different than they were back when the manga first started. Seo's characters always feel so one-dimensional to me-- Suzuka was the same way.
I'm not sure why they ought to change, let alone why anyone would expect them to. Much like was the case with Haruto's friends(?) these past two chapters, it's all a question of acceptance. Either you like them as they are, or you don't. Chances are, they aren't going to spontaneously "grow" into a form that matches your tastes if they haven't already.
erfine is offline   Reply With Quote