View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 21:08   Link #8255
Khalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
^ Good post, but damn do I expect you to be grilled!

P.S. I think you might want to analyze the series a bit more meticulously.
I'm not worried about it. I read through many pages of this discussion before dropping in to it. I considered not joining in due to some of the more heated arguments. But, I'm a bit intense about something I like so I'm willing to listen to reasonable counterpoints and ignore the less entertaining haters.

Please feel free to point out any problems. I know much of this has been debated chapter by chapter while I am trying to make points all over the place due to 143 chapters swirling around in my mind all at once. I feel much of what I said is supported but some is opinion and some I inferred by what I would logically do in the situation.. although that may not be what the characters would naturally do since I am not Japanese myself.

I think part of the vitrol surrounding her is that many of you have had to stew about some things over the past two years as chapters were released where as I had a straight read through within a day or so. I assure you I was building up a good rage as she stayed with the friend but when he unexpectedly (by me anyway) died it quickly went away. What came back was the frustration with the Haruto moron who failed to pull her close yet again.

I can see some mistakes she's made but I just can't see scheming or evil intent behind them. She moves to help others at almost every point. I think her last confession was to help herself move past him not to steal him. She wasn't planning to wait for an answer because she thought she already knew it. In a number of manga/anime I've seen it seems to be a normal action for the girl who knows she has lost to still confess and make her feelings known so she can move on after the rejection. That's how I read her intent but how could she not be convinced he still truly loved her after he overcame a life long phobia/fear of death on the spot to keep her beside him?

Thanks for the reply!
Khalan is offline   Reply With Quote