Thread: Licensed Usagi Drop
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-01, 19:28   Link #579
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Well, I don't disagree with that. Perhaps I was just a little bit impacted by how much Kouki seems to act out in other contexts. I'm just sorta wondering about Yukari's side, and how that might impact how she is relating to Daikichi. There was a contrast, in this episode, that I was seeing, not just in how happy Kouki was when he was around Rin and Daikichi, but also the well-behavedness of Rin vs. how Kouki imposed on others. If Yukari's guilt/hesitation is just about Kouki not having a normal/happy family, then that'd be perfect 'cause that's something I'm sure Daikichi can provide her. I do really want that "happy family" end.
Well, I don't honestly think you can judge Kouki's behavior by Rin's standard. First of all they're at an age where girls tend to be much more well-behaved and less frenetic than boys, and second of all Rin is mature and responsible in the .001% even for girls. So I really don't think Yukari is stressing Kouki's basically quite normal behavior so much as the fact that "If I'd managed to give him a normal life, would he be happier?" That said, it's certainly possible that being a woman and not having any older sons - and as far as we know, possibly no brothers - Yukari might feel she can't understand Kouki and that bothers her, too.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote