View Single Post
Old 2011-10-23, 18:28   Link #11
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
I will probably buy a new monitor this year and I've considered the U2412M, but it seems that it doesn't support any frequencies outside of 50Hz...60Hz, i.e. no multiple of 24Hz, which together with its 6 bit panel would be the only major cons of this monitor. But I guess you currently have to compromise if you want to stay below 300 Euro... (8 bit polarized IPS panels with 120 Hz are just a dream at the moment.)
I have a hard time finding solid information on monitors that do 24Hz, but in the 23" to 24" range it seems that this feature is very rare. The only other option would be a 120Hz TN panel.
Any suggestions?
There's nothing even remotely affordable that has both good panel and support for a mod24 refresh rate (literally the cheapest thing you can find that does that sort of thing natively without Powerstrip and shit like that is some Eizo model from 2008 that costs $1.2k USD and doesn't seem to be produced anymore). Just give it up already. Also, rather than 24 Hz you'll probably want 48 or 72 Hz.

mod24 refresh rates are highly overrated anyway; they're sorta like the video nerd equivalent of Monster cables. Just Deal With It.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2011-10-23 at 18:41.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote