View Single Post
Old 2011-11-02, 15:29   Link #2979
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You'll have to check out the game thread; we already have a few spoilers in there, and I think I'll post most soon. The main things that have been added were two new heroines routes, one for Sana (who you'll know), and another for a new original character Yutsuki. I actually have yet to go through Yutsuki's route (I should really get to it), but she definitely fits into the rather eccentric cast. Sana's route was just great, IMO (but then again, the romance was over-the-top, so it hit the right buttons for me).
Damn shame, that is. Sana was a character I could arguably definitely relate to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
For the sake of knowing how you "align" with other people, for me personally, I think NobleWorks was my favourite Yuzusoft game so far, but I do agree that Dyamic Days (Lump of Sugar) was a bit of a miss for me (even though I loved PrismRhythm). I do agree that I think Tayutama is probably my favourite Lump of Sugar work (though I know most insist on ItsuSora... which I still need to get through; NVL games are hard...)
For some reason, I could never get past Prism Rhythm, it felt really, shall we say, stifling or tedious to sift through the dialogue for me. I guess other people might be charmed by the characters, graphics, setting, but somehow that particular game of theirs didn't deliver.

Not finishing Itsukasora is understandable; it's quite difficult to read! It's been sitting gathering dust for two-something years now...with the only route I've ever finished was the first girl, the one who always called the protagonist "goshujin-chan".