View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 17:04   Link #49
Nickymanga

i liked this episode! I like the yuji and shana interaction.

but honestly I don't really know what to make of yuji badass, I have read some of the novel summaries online so I have a basic understanding of the whole wanting to protect his loved ones which include shana and change the fate of the flame haze however going by the anime season 1 and 2 I find it hard to come to grips with the idea of Yuji turning kind of bad for the greater good.

I don't exactly know how he was portrayed in the novels but because of his kind of passive, nice guy yet slighty insensitive nature and also the because there was never any romantic signs of love from his side shown in the anime I can't beleive that upon realising his love for Shana he decides to become the Yuji badass that he is now that can scare a powerless Shana half to death as seen in this episode.

I liked his shock and concern over Shana's reaction to him and also the interaction between them from last episode (I mean him wanting to take shana not so much the fighting but the fight was awesome) but when I look at this Yuji (minus the evil) and the past seasons Yuji I feel like saying "where has this Yuji been?" (again minus the evil)

Both past seasons have showed signs of him wanting to become stronger to fight alongside Shana but I felt they could have shown more signs of him possibly falling for her, I mean heck he showed kazumi and fake hecate more romantic-ish attention.

Also can that rejection of kazumi be seen as a rejection its was so ambiguous!

Rant over! Nice episode! on with ep 6!